Your big day is scheduled, the ceremony location and reception hall are booked, as are many of your other wedding services. Congratulations, one may think your major wedding decisions have been made right? Well, not quite! You might assume that finding a great DJ for a wedding will be as simple as an internet search, asking a few friends and checking some DJ websites. Of course, most wedding disc jockeys would be fine for your wedding dance right? It is important to understand the differences in your choices of disc jockeys and DJ companies. Not just in the price of the DJ service, but in the quality.
Exactly how do you determine what DJ to settle on? We’ve taken our experience to compile a list of the best 10 things to ask a potential DJ company. We feel these questions are particularly crucial and usually overlooked. Asking these questions will reveal the differences in the standard of DJs you are considering for your big day.
1. Is the DJ insured for both liability and theft? We estimate that a lot disc jockeys are not insured! Plus more and more venue locations are requiring verification of insurance from a DJ.
2. Exactly how long has the DJ company been around?
3. Will the potential disc jockey use a written contract? Can this agreement be worded fairly for both parties? Note: A DJ performance contract needs to have simple, clear and understandable language and be no more than a couple pages. If it feels like you are buying a house using a long, difficult to understand contract, we advise choosing a different wedding DJ.
4. Will they organize and announce the special events, dollar dance, etc.? Will they function as the MC for your entire reception?
5. Could they play interactive games and dances with the guests if you desire that? Can these games and interactions be up to date? If they mention the hokey pokey or Macarenakeep looking for other DJs!
6. What precisely makes them better or different from other DJ’s?
7. If your DJ becomes sick, has a vehicle issue, a kids emergency or can’t make it to your wedding, what is the alternative plan? Is there another talented DJ ready to do your wedding on short notice?
8. Are they an experienced wedding DJ? What amount of weddings and ceremonies have they performed at?
9. In the event there’s an equipment malfunction, can they have backup equipment available on site?
10. Can they provide you with complete and recent references: names, contact specifics, numbers, etc. of previous wedding clients?
Any other questions or concerns that you have need to be addressed by the potential DJ. When you finally settle on which entertainment team you want for your personal wedding, you need to reserve that date immediately. Why, because some of the popular wedding DJ’s are booked well in advance on busy wedding dates, sometimes by a year or more. If you wait too long, you may need to settle on another choice. Best of luck with your search for the best wedding DJ for you and congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
By Thomas Paul Kenemore, Pro Sound & Light Show DJs & Uplighting, Duluth, Minnesota. For more advice and tips on wedding planning, check out Wedding DJ Minnesota. Pro Sound & Light Show DJ’s & Uplighting provide award winning Minnesota Wedding DJs as well as wedding DJ’s and Uplighting in Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.